|Dear Barbara Seideneck,|In this issue you will find:
- A delightful cure of a horse with lameness.
- A new contest using social media to get the word out about H.S.I. See coupon below.
- Quick Links to resources (articles, practitioners around the world, discount books, remedies and more).
- A Cold and Flu Season Primer to help you through the Fall and Winter.
Barbara Seideneck, CHom, CCH, RSHom
DirectorHomeopathy School International
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Custom Field 1
|Together we can advance awareness of homeopathy and you can keep up to date with the Homeopathy School International.|
|Join a Boulder Homeopathy Study Group |
|Graduates of HSI will receive assistance with challenging cases and review of Materia Medica in this two-hour monthly study group. |
HSI Graduates!Email us
Promote Your Practice!
your profile, picture, and a cured case to be featured in the newsletter: email@example.com
We will promote your homeopathy practice through the HSI website, Facebook and Twitter.
|Join our list|
| A Horse-Owner’s Cure with Homeopathy|
Ruta and Rest
I use homeopathic remedies on my horses, and always marvel at the results I get. Anything from a chronic cough to an allergic reaction to lameness has been resolved with the help of homeopathic remedies on all of my horses.
My horse, Boom, is an eight-year-old Thoroughbred. I have owned her for five years. Boom lives a healthy, natural lifestyle. To the best of my resources, I provide her an environment similar to that of wild horses. She has never been shod, instead I maintain a natural barefoot trim. Barefoot, I believe, is the foundation to a sound horse. Boom does not have any previous history of lameness.
This past August, four weeks prior to when we were scheduled to compete at the Regional Dressage Show, Boom became lame in her right hind leg. I could neither pinpoint the problem (there was no swelling or heat) nor do I know what caused it. It was a minor lameness, therefore I hoped it was only a strained muscle that would heal quickly with rest. I gave her four days off from training and administered Arnica Montana 30C three times per day for four days. On the fifth day following her injury, I rode her lightly and she was not showing any signs of lameness. The next day she came up lame again. Rest obviously helped her, but maybe I had started riding her again too soon.
I decided to give her eight days off, a rather anxious wait for me with regionals only three weeks away. I looked up remedies for strained muscles in my horse homeopathy book and consulted with my homeopath, Barbara Seideneck, and concluded to give Boom Ruta Graveolens 200C one time per day for three days and Arnica Montana 30C three times per day for five days.
Following the eight-day rest period, I began riding again and to my utmost relief and delight, Boom was completely sound! Rest and Ruta cured her! A few days later my horse chiropractor gave her an adjustment, which also helped her. Boom performed successfully at Regional Championships. We placed in the ribbons in all of our classes!
This is just one of many results I have experienced with homeopathic remedies on both my horses and myself. I find it amazing how a few little white pellets can heal miraculously. I feel great knowing I have a healthy, effective alternative to Western medicines and drugs.
Nina, Montana, USA
|Cold and Flu Season is Upon Us!|
Homeopathy is a natural, gentle and non-toxic way to prevent or treat colds and flu. Homeopathic treatment can be less expensive than traditional routes of care and can really help to save on health care expenses if one doesn’t have medical insurance. Homeopathic treatment strengthens your vitality. It can protect against bacterial and viral attacks, and fend off “what’s going around”. A few small doses of a homeopathic remedy can reduce the symptoms from a cold or flu and shorten the duration of an infection dramatically. Tips for the Cold and Flu Season from the pro’s at the Homeopathy School International in Boulder:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep hydrated, drink warm drinks when it get’s cold out
- Stay active and warm for good circulation
- Make sure you get enough sleep to feel rested
- Take a jacket for surprising weather changes
Also, consider these over the counter homeopathic remedies available in health food stores:
- Oscillococcinum – First line of defense with onset of flu-like symptoms (muscle-aches, tiredness, fever). Take as soon as symptoms occur and rest.
- Eupatorium Perf. – Flu with tremendous aching or “as if the bones are broken” Excruciating pain in the back or limbs. This often happens during the first stages of a flu. A thirst for cold drinks during the fever combined with these kind of pains indicates that Eupatorium may help a lot.
When in spite of the nose running the mucus membranes feel dry, think of Dulcamara. This remedy is often called for when symptoms start from getting damp and cold. The nose starts running after being exposed to rain and wind and there is an urge to keep it covered and warm.
- Belladonna – Has helped many kids with right-sided ear infections, not only acutely but also with a long history of ear infections. It works like a charm for fevers with great heat, extreme dryness anywhere and the absence of thirst during a flu. It works well to alleviate colds or flu that came on very suddenly.
- Hepar Sulph. – Is used for the “riper” cold, when the discharges get yellow or cheesy. The pain in the throat is described as sharp, stitching pain or as if something like a splinter is stuck in there. The person is extremely sensitive to cold even if it’s only a part of the body that is exposed. The person may smell a little sour and is super sensitive to pains. Being overly sensitive (noise, light, draft, uncovering) is the key reason to give this remedy.
Special remedies for coughs:
- Spongia – Tightness of the throat with a dry tickle starts every coughing episode. To get improvement from Spongia the cough needs to be worse at night (usually worse before midnight), and has a barking (“like a seal”, or “a saw going through wood”) or croupy character. It gets better from eating or drinking.
- Ipecac Is a very effective remedy for whooping cough (Pertussis). It works well for severe acute coughs with retching and vomiting, making it difficult to breathe. The cough can be associated with nausea, and for a condition like this the tongue looks surprisingly clean.
- Antimonium Tart. – A deep rattle in the chest often points to using this remedy. The cough sounds wet but is not productive. The patient may be weak and have cold sweat on the forehead.
- Drosera – A good remedy for violent coughing, many times in a row, sometimes so severe that one can’t catch a breath or the nose starts bleeding. Talking starts the cough and walking around a bit seems to lessen its severity.
- Stannum – Use this remedy when there is great weakness in the chest and the cough is worse from talking and/or there is so much weakness one can barely talk. The voice may become deep and husky and be improved for a short time by the cough. The cough itself is deep, hollow, shattering, strangling, concussive and in paroxysms. There may be profuse expectoration that looks like the white of an egg during the day.
How to take a homeopathic remedy: The most efficient method to take a remedy in acute conditions is to drop a couple of the beebee-sized pellets (over-the-counter potencies can be 6c or 30c) in 4 ounces of water and let them dissolve. Stir the mixture very strongly and take one tablespoon every two hours . Swish it around your mouth, hold under your tongue a few seconds and swallow. With improvement the remedy is usually stopped and then taken again when the symptoms come back. For serious conditions please consult with a professional homeopath or your doctor.